April 6, 2011 Special Meeting
Medical marijuana legislation has been introduced in Charleston. How can we make sure that bill passes?
Special guest speaker and West Virginia native Matt Simon is going to tell us!
He worked as a professional marijuana policy reform advocate on the New Hampshire Compassion campaign from 2007-2010. In 2009, he led grassroots, media relations, and lobbying efforts in support of a medical marijuana bill which passed the New Hampshire House and Senate, but was vetoed by the governor and unfortunately fell two votes short of becoming law.
Simon earned his M.A. in English from West Virginia University in 2002, and he taught composition classes as a graduate teaching assistant and adjunct faculty member at WVU from 1999-2003.
Join us this Wednesday to find out the latest on where the WV bill stands and what we can do to help!
- Minutes 4/17/2012
- Minutes 2/7/2012
- Minutes 1/31/12 and Tabling Reminder
- Meeting Minutes 1/24 Tabling Reminder
- In the Community
- Photos – “SSDP Conferences since 2010″
- New Meeting time Tuesday at 8:00 PM in Mountainlair Mountain Room
- First meeting Wednesday the first week of classes!
- Please fill out the meeting time survey to help us schedule our Fall semester meeting times.
- Fill out DPA Scholarship if you want to go!